Animé Los Angeles 16 – 2020 Press Policy
We appreciate your interest in attending Animé Los Angeles 2020 as press. Registration deadline is December 15th, 2019. Please apply in advance. On-site press registration will be limited and on a case-by-case basis. All press submissions will be carefully considered and approved at our discretion.
Qualifications for a complimentary Press badge:
Every person attending must be able meet and supply some or all the following items.
- News and Press outlet organizations.
- Must have been in operation for at least two years.
- Business cards with full name, title, contact information and organization logo.
- We cannot accept business cards without printed name and contact information.
- Web based outlets may need to provide traffic analytics, upon request.
The follow will NOT be considered for a complimentary Press badge*.
- Personal blogs
- Cosplay photographers
- Photo galleries
- Micro bloggers
- High School / College Press
Status of application will be sent to the email address provided. If the application is approved the applicant will receive an email verifying their confirmation and will be pre-registered in our system.
Picking up your badge:
Further instructions will be sent via email on when and where to pick up your badge.
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Organizations may receive maximum of 5 complimentary badges only. Registration is by INDIVIDUAL not by organization – EACH person will need to complete their own form. Any additional individuals registering as press that are from the same organization will need to purchase badges at the current registration price.
- Animé Los Angeles reserves the right to refuse a complimentary Press badges without reason at any point of the pre-registration and on-site registration process.
- Failure to comply with our Press policies and all other Animé Los Angeles policies may result in revocation of your Press badge.
- If you have already purchased or otherwise obtained your badges/tickets for Animé Los Angeles 16, you will not receive an additional badge. If you are Staff or are getting your badge for free (pass-on, prize, etc.) you will not receive an additional badge.
- No transfers, roll-overs, pass-ons, or refunds will be given. Animé Los Angeles is a volunteer-run convention sponsored by the Institute for Specialized Literature Inc., an IRS-recognized 501(c) (3) non-profit organization. We thank you for your support.
- For those Press outlets that wish to provide media coverage for Animé Los Angeles or film at the convention, they must supply their own waiver forms that must be signed off by the head of programming and Press staff. A copy of all video footage must be provided to Animé Los Angeles.
- You will be contacted via email whether or not your application has been approved no later than January 1st, 2020.
The following WILL NOT be provided as part of your complimentary badge.
Interview Policies and Procedures
Guest Interview Procedure
All interviews with official Animé Los Angeles guests must be requested and arranged with our Press Relations staff. Our staff will arrange interviews with guests, and their representatives as their schedules allow. Requesting an interview does not guarantee that one will be arranged.
Ad Hoc Interviews
Interviews with general attendees, dealers, other than official Animé Los Angeles guests do not require Press relations staff approval.
[* – Exceptions can be made in special cases and at our discretion.]
Application form link <closed>