- Current Status
Last Updated: 12/14/2022
At this time, there are no vaccination, testing, or mask mandates in effect in the City of Long Beach. We will revise as necessary to respond to an ever changing environment, and expect to always have the latest information and guidance updated here along with any relevant restrictions that may impact the upcoming convention.
You may view the City of Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services health orders at any time on their website (https://www.longbeach.gov/health/).
- General Policy
Animé Los Angeles is committed to following any and all venue, city, and state public health mandates for the health and safety of all attendees, staff, guests, and exhibitors.
Above and beyond any government mandates that may be in place, we would also like to educate and strongly encourage everyone attending Animé Los Angeles to take additional precautions that will help reduce the spread of unwanted germs.
- General Health Risk Factors
Large, indoor events have the potential to cause large, substantial, and severe outbreaks. Large events involve several factors that increase the risk of transmission including (a) persons attending often travel from outside the immediate area, from areas with higher levels of transmission, and some types of travel may increase the risk of exposure; (b) events have prolonged duration; (c) crowding is common in large events; (d) masks, even when required, are removed for eating and drinking; and (e) the larger the number of people gathered in crowded settings, the greater the likelihood that contagious persons are present and the more individuals who are exposed with the potential of becoming infected and spreading infections within their families, communities, schools, and workplaces.
- How to Help Everyone & Yourself in Staying Healthy at ALA
Even in cases where a vaccine is available for a given illness, in large indoor events there may be populations that may not currently be eligible for vaccination or who may be immunocompromised. It is for the sake of everyone’s health and safety that we recommend we each do what we can individually to improve the health of our community.
- We strongly recommend all attendees receive vaccination as soon as possible and medically suggested from viruses such as SARS-CoV-2 and Influenza.
- We strongly recommend all attendees over the age of two wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status except when actively eating or drinking, and to follow the California Department of Public Health guidance for face coverings. (https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/Guidance-for-Face-Coverings.aspx)
- We strongly recommend considering testing (if available) or self-isolation at home if you are currently feeling symptoms of illness.
- We strongly recommend following the CDC’s guidance on hand washing. (https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html)
Thank you for helping us reduce the spread of unwanted germs at our convention so that we can all have a safe, healthy convention experience!