* SUBJECT TO CHANGE
ANIMÉ LOS ANGELES 17
ARTISTS’ ALLEY GUIDELINES
Definitions: Artist: Primary Artist
Event Sponsor: Animé Los Angeles
EHDH: Exhibit Hall Department Head
Event Sponsor: Animé Los Angeles 17
Event Location: 300 E Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802
Artist Alley Location: Convention Center – Exhibit Hall A
Event Dates: January 6th-9th, 2022.
Load-in and Set-up Hours: Wednesday: TBA
Open to the Public Hours: Thursday: TBA
Pricing: $450 and includes the following
- One (1) 6-foot table
- Two (2) Exhibit Hall badges
The Event Sponsor will provide one table and two chairs per table but will not provide electricity or network connection. Please contact Exhibits staff for Convention Center price sheet if additional services are needed. EHDH reserves the right to: refuse registration for any reason and prohibit sales at any time. Anything that the EHDH deems hazardous will be removed immediately.
ANIMÉ LOS ANGELES 17 ARTIST & ALLEY GUIDELINES
- Animé Los Angeles Staff can assist at a table for an artist but may not participate as a Primary Artist.
- Artist must provide a dated California Reseller’s Permit to the Event Sponsor for event dates, which can be obtained from The California Board of Equalization (http://www.boe.ca.gov) and have the document (or copy) with them always while in Artists’ Alley. No exceptions.
- A digital copy is acceptable; however, it must be easily displayable if requested.
- Each artist selling (Primary and/or Secondary) must have their own seller’s permit.
- Table spaces are non-transferable; Artists may not willingly give their table away.
- Table spaces are non-refundable. Animé Los Angeles 17 is currently scheduled for January 6-9, 2022, at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California. In the event this date and or location is changed Animé Los Angeles will make every effort to notify all participants (attendees; exhibitors; volunteers; etc.) as soon as possible. All registration fees including all fees for exhibitor space (dealers and artists) will automatically be transferred to the new dates and or location. We are unable to offer refunds. Completing this registration constitutes acknowledgement and acceptance of these terms.
- Artists that do not check into their table space prior to 10AM on 1/6/2022 will forfeit their table space unless prior arrangements have been made with the EHDH.
- Check-in and set-up will be available starting 1/5/2022. Specific times TBA closer to the event.
- Names for publications will be in the following format: <Artist/Group Name – Website (if available)>
- Artists may be listed as a requested nickname/handle.
- If no nickname/handle is given, the artists’ first and last name will be used.
- Any artist under 18 at the time of the convention must show consent from their parent/legal guardian in a signed hard copy.
- Parent/Legal Guardian does not need to be present at the time of check-in, but Artist will be required to show a contact email and phone number in consent letter.
- The table number must always be visible.
- Nothing is to be taped, stapled, or glued to the table itself.
- Event Sponsor is not liable for lost or stolen items belonging to Artist. Artists’ Alley will have set hours and lock down.
- Doors will be locked overnight. Artists leave their personal items at their own risk.
- Open areas will not be obstructed with Artist goods. Any property occupying walkways will be removed. Artist will be given one verbal warning. Further warnings will result in removal of property and/or forfeiture of table.
- Artist will not sell:
- Proxy items / anything sold from another studio.
- Bootleg material and/or anything that violates copyright infringement.
- Any food or beverage
- Mass produced artist items (Item plans that are sent to a company to be created)
- Commercial items
- Make up or offer wig styling services; services may be paid for in the Event Space but must be conducted off-site.
- Artist (or Artist Assistant) must be present at Artists’ Alley to sell Artist’s work. All sales must be conducted at Artist’s table. No outside sales are permitted.
- Artist and/or Artist Assistant must be onsite each morning and ready to open the table when the Exhibit Hall opens to the public.
- Artist and/or Artist Assistant must have the table open during Exhibit Hall hours. No exceptions.
- Overhead displays must demonstrate stability during all hours of the day, regardless of surroundings. Anything deemed as a safety hazard by the EHDH must be corrected or taken down immediately.
- Only products produced by the Artist are allowed in Artists’ Alley:
- Original self-made artwork (fan art or original characters) that has been made into prints (copies), comics, books, bookmarks, calendars, pins, plushies, T-shirts, keychains, buttons, etc.
- Commissioned artwork requested by convention members.
- Self-made clothing/costumes, hats, gloves, etc.
- Self-published CDs and DVDs
- Costume props: after sale, all props must be taken directly to hotel room, car or be peace-bonded immediately.
- Styling services for wigs must be performed off-site in a hotel room, studio, etc.
- Adult-themed works that include nudity, adult situations, profanity, drugs, alcohol use, and or violence, must be kept out of sight of minors. Portfolios may be kept under the table until requested by adults (18+). Any sale of such items from adults will require a government-issued photo ID at the time of purchase and must be issued a dark-colored bag to hold items.
- Music at low levels is permitted provided it does not disturb other Artists and does not add to the overall dynamic of the room.
- Tables cannot be moved, or block entrances or exits.
Artist Code of Conduct
- Any behavior not approved by the EHDH will first receive one verbal warning. Further warnings may result in forfeiture of table.
- Any complaints and/or disputes between Artists (and/or staff) will be investigated by staff in a timely matter.
- Artist MUST comply with convention policy as well as city and state laws. Any violation of the above may result in expulsion from the Event Space.